This section or article is a Work in Progress and should not yet be relied on as factual or complete.
Assigned to: Wiki Team
Please discuss changes with assigned users. If no one is assigned, or if the user is inactive, feel free to edit.
|Difficulty: Hard |
Guides: no separate guides
Quote: Hey, those are MY work gloves!
"You are a vagabond, a stowaway, journeying through the vast expanses of space upon the NEV "Northern Light." You will not be paid a wage. Though this does not mean you have no home, as the Northern Light is your home. Whatever planet you may have come from is now a distant memory.
You remember boarding the Northern Light sometime in your past, when it had a different purpose and a different captain. Over time you've become accustomed to the dangers of this ship.
The ID you wear likely not even your own. At least as far as you can remember. But this chunk of plastic still can be a rare oddity that can change your character. As a vagabond, you should strive to help out anyone you can. Or at least, anyone who offers you a paying job. Find a way to make money, stay out of trouble, and survive."
-In game description
Vagabonds are the leftover crew of past regimes on the Northern Light. They are drifters, not assigned any job by the current administration. Surviving on the ship however they can: taking jobs and bounties, scouring the maintenance tunnels or proving themselves to the factions aboard. Anything to make a living.
This is a great role for beginners, as well as returning veterans; Vagabond will never fail to provide an entertaining round.
When you join the round, you will spawn with very little. There are some options in your initial loadout in the character customization menu for some extra things. Recommended for this role is the crowbar. It is an invaluable tool and makes a good weapon in an emergency.
Important things to note:
You will start with full Service Maintenance access in the ship. This is an invaluable resource.
- Maintenance hunting - Maintenance is huge, and the amounts of things you can find in there are endless. You could find combat RIGs, medical supplies, military lockers, gun refuse piles, mechs, etcetera.. If you want to do this, do it quickly as a lot of other people will also realize this and scavenge maintenance as quickly as they can. You could ask the First Officer for some extra access to, by proxy, gain access to more maintenance shafts.
- Assisting people - Vagabond is simply the Eclipse name for assistants, so you can get paid from doing odd jobs for each department Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Roleplay - This role, mechanically has VERY little to do if you do not want to do what has been listed above. Eclipse is an HRP server, so this means you do need to act like a human being (or alien equivalent) on the NEV Northern Light.
- As a traitor, you are usually the most overlooked person. You also have 0 extra access and authority to spare, so be wary of that.
- Vagabond is great for new players or players who want to try out a gimmick.
- Because of the anarchist nature of Vagabonds, you can go along with the plot of an antag if they bribe or threaten you accordingly.
- Nobody typically takes to clearing out spiders or roaches, so you can get a quick ID name change to something akin to "Roach Killer", "Xeno Dominator", etc, and purge the NEV Northern Light of those insect scum. Aegis might even loan/rent you some equipment if you ask nicely.