Medical Specialist Eclipse
|Aegis Medical Specialist|
Aegis Medical Specialist
|Difficulty: Medium |
Superior: Gunnery Sergeant, Aegis Commander, Captain
Duties: Keep the Aegis operatives AND the prisoners alive, and process collected forensic evidence.
Guides: The Agreement, Enforcement Guide
The Medical Specialist of NEV "Northern Light" are the main support staff for Aegis. You provide both medical and forensic services. You are not a grunt nor an operative, You are a nerd with a weapon.
Medical Specialists (MedSpec) play two roles, Doctoring and Forensics. MedSpecs do not focus on one of these professions, they commit to both while helping the Inspector with his investigations if asked.
- The forensics lab has fully equipped surgery table and scanner along with Medical Kits, spare blood bags and Anesthetics. You will mostly do autopsies there, but do not hesitate to perform life saving surgeries if need be (though medbay is always preferable).
- You should always have a Medical Kit on your person along with a Medical Scanner.
- Always use the scanner in the surgery room to check for internal damage of the wounded, and check for implants on suspected Excelsior stowaways.
Forensics There are few important machines in your laboratory office:
- High Powered Electron Microscope - it's used for a lot of things, like inspecting fiber clues and fingerprints.
- DNA Analyzer: Used to determine DNA of the blood samples
- Database computer: It lists records of all the ship's personnel, including their job, blood type, DNA and fingerprints.
- Forensics kit, this is your primary tool of the trade. Your office lab has few more in the lockers.
The Forensics kit includes the following:
- Swab kits: You can use them on items to collect blood samples and on hands of possible perpetrators to collect GSR (Gunshot Residue) samples. Running blood sample through DNA Analyzer in your office, will give you the DNA string of the person that misplaced their blood. You can find person by DNA using your database computer. Inspecting GSR Sample under the microscope, will tell you whether or not the tested person fired a firearm.
- Fingerprint cards: They're used to collect fingerprints from people, for various reasons. Their head might be missing, and you can use collected fingerprints to ID them (using database computer). Or maybe there's a person who is not in the records at all, you can then create record and add the fingerprint to it.
- Luminol bottle + UV light: Detect washed away blood
- Fiber collection kit: Use it to collect fibers from items, doors and such. Collected evidence will appear in a fiber bag, check the bag under your microscope, to get more precise results.
- Fingerprint collection kit: Like one above, but for fingerprints. Use on objects or items, then put the card under the microscope to get the fingerprint string. Run it through database. You got your perp.
- You are not an Operative. You are not meant to engage criminals unless it's really necessary. Your weapons are for self defense, and you are not armored either; you gonna die quickly in a firefight.
- You have expanded access to medbay (except Surgery). You should still ask permission to enter, but if there is no Medical staff on, you can help people in a pinch.
- It's beneficial to obtain a tablet computer, you can download crew monitoring software, and keep an eye on Aegis staff (and civilians I guess).
- You are a competent surgeon, if there's no REAL doctor, you will do just fine.