Guide to Medicine Eclipse
This section or article is a Work in Progress and should not yet be relied on as factual or complete.
Assigned to: Wiki Team
Please discuss changes with assigned users. If no one is assigned, or if the user is inactive, feel free to edit.
- 1 Medicine
- 1.1 Basic tools:
- 1.2 First aid:
- 1.3 Types of damage and methods of its treatment:
- 1.4 Diagnosis and treatment of certain ailments
- 1.4.1 Internal organs and blood
- 1.4.2 Limb damage
- 1.4.3 More
- 1.5 Equipment and some devices
- Ointment disinfects, slowly treats burns.
- Roll of gauze - to bind wounds and stop bleeding. Sterile.
- Advanced burn kit accelerates the treatment of burns, reduces infection chance.
- Advanced trauma kit for more effective treatment of wounds and internal organs.
- Health analyzer will help to determine the patient's condition. However, the most accurate analysis requires a full body scan.
- Syringe for injections
- Autoinjector with five units of inaprovaline for immediate injection.
- Roller bed and stasis bag to move patients
Once you have found a person in critical condition, do the following:
- Protect the patient from any harmful effects.
- Stabilize the patient, making the injection of inaprovaline
- Disinfect the wounds and bandage them.
- Put the patient on a roller bed, or, in extreme cases, grab (not pull, that will open his wounds, and make them worse) it and deliver to medbay.
- Scan the patient's body with scanner and proceed with further treatment if necessary.
Types of damage and methods of its treatment:
- Oxygen starvation is indicated in blue in the analyzer. The presence of this type of damage tells us that the patient is likely to have been where there is no oxygen for some time. In this case, when the patient breathes / breathes oxygen from the tank, he will feel better. Serious cases: loss of consciousness, severe blood loss, lung damage-require certain measures: the injection of dexalin, blood transfusions, operations to restore the lungs (or the injection of peridaxon in small doses, gradually)
- Poison damage is indicated in green. This can be as poison (spider, for example) and toxins, or radiation. Perform a blood test: make a fence with a syringe, and then examine it in mass spectrometr to determine the diagnosis. Start treatment: give the patient dylovene, or hyronaline (if it is radiation), and follow his condition. In extreme cases put the patient in a body scanner. And check his internal organs - toxins may damage his organs (liver)
- Physical damage - red. Collateral damage: fractures, internal bleeding. Determine the damaged area, disinfect the wound, apply a bandage, and give the patient bicardine (can be together with paracetamol to relieve pain). Also, as an additional measure, I recommend a full scan of the patient to exclude various internal injuries.
- Burns — thermal damage is orange in the analyzer. Electric shock, extreme temperatures, energy weapons — not so important. Treat the affected area, give the patient kelotane or dermaline (more efficient), and make sure not to start the infection.
Diagnosis and treatment of certain ailments
Internal organs and blood
Severe blood loss
- Characterized by pale skin, loss of consciousness, lack of oxygen. The first step is to examine the patient for bleeding wounds.
- If you do not find them - it is internal bleeding/heart damage, and requires immediate surgery followed by a blood transfusion and hospital.
- If found — immediately bandage them, and start transfusion, after knowing the patient's blood group.
- Caused by damage to veins / arteries. Treatment should be carried out urgently, you should identify the damaged organ by a full body scan, connect the patient to a IV Drip with the blood of his group, and perform an operation to stop internal bleeding.
- If you are unable to perform an immediate operation, place the patient in a cryocell, after making an injection of bicardine, and as soon as possible prepare the operating room.
- it is a consequence of the patient receiving a large number of mechanical injuries in the chest, rib fractures. It is characterized by symptoms of anemia with normal blood levels in the body.
- Treatment - only with surgery.
- Occurs if the patient tried to breathe without the necessary equipment with a low pressure environment. :Symptoms: coughing blood and lack of air under normal conditions.
- Surgery is required to repair damaged lungs.
- It is characterized by dizziness, headaches and impaired motor skills. Is caused by head injuries, chemicals, or viral disease, is treated by alkysine.
- If it does not help — need surgery.
Presence of an alien element in the body
- The patient feels pain in the stomach and muscles, may feel as if something is scratching the walls of the stomach. Whether it be shrapnel, a parasite or monkey cube, surgery is required.
- If the patient has recently had a blood transfusion and has an unexplained lack of oxygen, and the analyzer shows the presence of toxins in the body — immediately give the patient dylovene and pour the blood of his group. And in General, you're not so good doctor, if you allowed that.
- "Remember: blood group O can be transfused to all groups, but it is suitable only About, and group AB can be transfused all blood groups without exception. Otherwise, the blood of the same group and RH is guaranteed not to cause any problems. Also, you can pour negative RH into positive, but not Vice versa."
- May be caused by infection, burn or wound, or non-sterile conditions during surgery. The patient's temperature rises, wounds/burns begin to inflame, the analyzer shows poisoning in the absence of toxins in the body.
- Urgently disinfect wound, give the patient from five to ten spaceaciline units, and inject dylovene. Keep the level of spaceacilline in the body until it is sure that the infection is gone.
- A very dangerous sickness, if you intime can't heal him. The patient begins severe abdominal pain and uncontrolled vomiting, the analyzer shows intoxication. The diagnosis is confirmed by a full scan of the patient, then the patient should be immediately taken to the operating room and an operation to remove the Appendix. Then give the patient a little delavina (dylovene).
- Usually gives a hell of a pain to the patient when trying to move a limb, take something in a broken arm and so on. Caused by this large number of damage limbs.
- Perform the surgery to repair bones, after determining what the limb has been fractured.
The lack of limb
- Well, what can I say, this kind of damage you will immediately find.
- Stop the bleeding, give the patient painkillers and go to the robotics for the prosthesis.
- If during the examination you find that the patient unnaturally bulges limb, give him painkillers and set it (RMB --> Undislocate joint)
Infection caused by a virus
- Symptoms: cough, sneezing, vomiting, twitching, fever, in general, all symptoms of viral diseases are possible.
- The first thing you have to do is isolate the infected so that it doesn't turn into an epidemic. After that, give your spaceaciline and wait until the doctors will find a cure.
Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Is not a big problem and usually goes away if you give the patient sleep.
- A more radical method: ethylredoxrazine in the case of alcohol, dylovene/synaptizine in the case of narcotic substances. You can also inject a sedative particularly violent.
- Occurs if the patient has been near different sources of radiation for too long. There is weakness, up to loss of consciousness, hair loss, and the analyzer shows poisoning.
- Enter the patient hyronaline/arithrazine, or simply dylovene, and make sure the state of his health.
- The patient requires imidazoline or, if it does not help, surgery.
Equipment and some devices
- Roller bed allows you to move the patient without harm to his health. You can carry it with you, just drag it to your sprite and it will fold. To expand the bed, click on it when you have it in your hands. The patient may be buckled to the bed by moving his sprite to the sprite of the bed with the help of LMB, unfastened by clicking on the bed.
- Stasis bag stops all processes in the patient's body, but, unfortunately, can be used only one time. Use it wisely.
- Cryocell allows you to immerse the patient into anabiosis, and slowly heal all the damage. For patients in critical condition, it can be a lifesaver. However, in the beginning of the shift it needs to be refilled with medicines (two flasks with cryoxadone on the table nearby, put them into the cryocell later, you can ask the chemist a much more efficient clonexadone), and also include a gas cooling system, make the lowest temperature, after checking the connection of the tanks.
- Sleeper, aka. The Artificial Sleep, used for blood purification (hemodialysis, it's removing poison/drugs with blood) of patients and administration of medications. Contains inaprovaline, soporific, paracetamol, dylovene and dexaline. By clicking on "Dialysis inactive", you start the hemodialysis process, and the flask will be slowly filled with the patient's blood and chemistry. To get the flask, press "Eject beaker", and to stop the hemodialysis process, click on "Dialysis active".
- Stationary medical scanner is used for full and detailed scanning of the patient's body. If necessary, it is possible to print the report.
- When all else fails, or they died before they could get to treatment, two options remain, Defibrillation and Cloning.
There are two defibrillators in medbay. One can be found in the medbay treatment area, and the other is within the cloning room off of surgery. Each only has enough battery charge in it for two uses, so keep it charged. To recharge it, use a screwdriver to the remove the battery, then either replace with another large cell, or recharge the removed cell in any recharger. It is a good idea to reach out to Research, The Union, or perhaps Engineering or a vagabond to procure an upgrade or three, so you're not left dry in the middle of an emergency.
- To use a defibrillator:
- Place it on your back slot (removing any backpack or satchel you have on first).
- Interact with it to draw the paddles.
- Once you have the paddles in hand, you must wield them in both hands. (ctrl+Z on Hotkey Mode, the little "bar" button above the crafting button on the right hand of your UI otherwise.
- While targeting the patient's chest, hit them with the paddles (make sure your intent is set to help)
- Defibrillation may fail if the patient has been dead for too long, or if they are too damaged for resuscitation.
- It is helpful, before you begin, to ask in LOOC for the player you are reviving to return to their body, as the defib will also fail if they are not in their body when resuscitated.
Attached to the operating theatre is a room containing the SLT-73 cloning pod, a proprietary piece of Lazarus tech based off original NanoTrasen cloning technology. The cloning pod has three component parts; an implant reader, the cloning pod, and a biomass container.
- Using the Cloning Pod:
- First you'll want to check the biomass container to the left. it takes 150 biomass to make a new body. The container starts with 300, and the church is obligated to provide a further 300 for free, but watch your amounts, you do not want to get caught empty when someone vital is in need of cloning. The tank can hold a total of 600 biomass to begin with, and can be upgraded to hold even more.
- Once you're sure you have enough to clone your patient, you'll want to prep the patient. remove any clothing and items they have, and set them aside, they'll want them back, after all.
- Using surgery, remove the Soulcrypt implant. It should be in the patient's chest, however if you're not able to find it there, use a Body Scanner to let you know where to cut.
- Once you've removed the Soulcrypt, send the body to the morgue. If the patient has listed post mortem instructions for their corpse, notify the relevant parties for disposal. If not, you'll want to ask the patient once they come around.
- Insert the Soulcrypt into the implant reader, then activate the pod. It will take about two to three minutes to print a new body.
- Once the new body is printed, remove the Soulcrypt from the reader, and insert it into the implanter found on the table in the room.
- It is recommended that you take the body and Soulcrypt to a patient room for implantation to provide a less jarring awakening for your patient, however this is not strictly necessary, and emergencies may require you to implant them even on the floor of the cloning room itself.
- Implant the Soulcrypt directly into the patient's chest. The patient is likely to be disoriented and confused upon awakening, and will not remember up to the last minute before they died.