First Officer Eclipse
|Difficulty: Hard |
Duties: Do everything the captain is neglecting to do, but with less authority.
Guides: Paperwork, NanoTrasen Lore
Quote: Report to FO Line for ID inspection.
The First Officer onboard the NEV "Northern Light" and the Captain's right hand, you are in charge of changing of access levels, giving of PDAs and taking care of Ian.
First and foremost, understand that you are subordinate to the Captain. You, like him, are a representative of NanoTrasen, you may even be a shareholder like him. Remember, your authority is not ultimate, and you should act as an advisor to the Captain, and take over temporarily or permanently if the Captain is physically unfit, mentally unfit, unwilling, etc.
Your radio has access to all the frequencies on the ship. By default, you should have command and security set on, but it's recommended to have the engineering, Lazarus medical / science, and Union frequencies on as well as they together make up all the major factions on the ship. In addition, if you have all the faction's frequencies on, you can whiff out mutiny faster and perhaps prevent a certain someone from getting killed, kidnapped, and/or mutilated.
Whilst the Captain will be busy with Aegis, maintaining friendly relations between factions, preventing mutinies, you can step in and actually help out the various factions, making the Captain and by proxy, you, look better - doing this helps a lot in terms of the respect given to you by the factions onboard. Examples are, but not limited to:
- Helping chemistry and Lazarus medical by making chems for them
- Helping get the Union more things to sell and buy
- Helping the laboratories by getting them minerals from the guild, technology to research and deconstruct, etc.
- Don't stay in your dorm for too long unless you want assistants breaking into your office.
- You don't have to insert your ID in the ID modification application as it only takes a target ID and checks if the person trying to change the access of an ID card has the proper access to do so.
- You have all access.