This section or article is a Work in Progress and should not yet be relied on as factual or complete.
Assigned to: Wiki Team
Please discuss changes with assigned users. If no one is assigned, or if the user is inactive, feel free to edit.
Every culture has a bogeyman, a terrifying, supernatural creature spoken about in hushed tones and used to scare children into misbehaving. The difference here is that you actually exist.
You are a Carrion, first created by Lazarus scientists trying to gain an edge in the Corporate Wars. The first of your kind broke free, and spread to the stars, now known space and beyond are full of terrifying stories of colonies that disappeared overnight, of ships whose crews died screaming. Fortunately for the Northern Light, you aren’t here to slaughter them all, not unless they push you to it. Your true masters have a plan, and you are the unstoppable instrument of their will.
Your body is ever changing, you should start by evolving a chemical vessel to use your powers. A carrion maw can be a good way to earn evolution points.
You can complete contracts to grow stronger until the entire ship is your plaything. Be patient, a slow, methodical approach is recommended.
Your enemies are many, and your disguise will not hold up to an in-depth scan. Beware of the Children of Mekhane in particular, who are protected from your infection spiders, and may be able to identify and out you before you are ready. You won’t find many friends here, but spiders are one of them. If you feel alone, you can always give birth to your own children, or search the ship for your brothers and sisters.
The spider core is your true body, that hides inside of the upper body. Upon being surgically removed, the body being gibed, the bodies head being chopped off, or manually detaching from the body, the core will be able to escape and reform. When the core is without a host, it has enormous speed, the ability to go crawl and reform a body. While the core is very vulnerable it's goal is to find a safe spot to generate a body. When a new body is generated you will lose half of your abilities and gene points, but you will still be able to use any of the spiders you already made beforehand. The most important organ is the chemical vessel that's free and enables you to use most of your powers, with it you will generate chemicals over time up to a cap. The second most important organ is the carrion maw, it costs 5 gene points to evolve and lets you feast of organs, limbs and flesh to generate gene points, this is the only way to generate points without an uplink. The maw also gives you the ability to make a toxic puddle that does damage to every non spider around it, and the spider call that's has a 5 minute cooldown and lets you summon spiders from nearby burrows in a pinch. The last organ is the spinneret, it costs 7 evolution points to evolve and let's you filter your blood from any chemicals, but leaves those chemicals on the floor you are on while healing toxin and radiation damage, and the ability to make a spider that slowly spawns full grown spider, up to a cap.
Spiders and their abilities
Your main tools are the spiders themselves, they come in 10 different forms that have different abilities, but they share a lot in common: Every spider can be implanted into someone by clicking them with it, but that will also cause an intentional action, be it hugging someone, or punching them. The other way is to implant someone is by clicking on the spider and toggling the spider to attach to anything nearby and placing it on the ground, or a table. If you want the spider to be well hidden you can right click on it and press the "Hide" button so the spider will go under every item or table on the tile. Spiders can be stacked on a single person or mob and combined in any way, for example, you can use an observer spider to look for the right moment to activate an explosive spider.
- Flashbang spider - Explodes like a flashbang grenade, affecting even you, and dealing a little burn damage to its host (if any)
- Observer spider - Lets you see though the spider, acting as a camera. If the spider is implanted in someone, you will follow the host. Can also be used to complete recon contracts.
- Identity spider - Used to extract the identity from humans, giving you the ability to transform into them. Can be also used on your old body, if you ever decide to leave it.
- Mind boiling spider - Lowers the sanity of everyone around the spider (Or it's host). Used to complete derail contracts or to bully people. If not visible to the human when they get a breakdown they will get a message in the chat for every invisible spider that broke them ("SOMETHING IS WATCHING YOU").
- Toxic bomb spider - Explodes into a poisonous lexorin gas that can penetrate skin, slowly dealing organ and Oxy damage over a long period of time. Doesn't work on people with voidsuits.
- Explosive spider - Makes a small damaging explosion with a one tile radius around it, a few of them are enough to kill someone.
- Breeding spider - When activated in a dead human body, after one minute, it gibs the body and spawn 9-12 spiders and spiderlings.
- Control spider - Allows you to take control of someone's body for one minute. Doesn't work on robots. Has a five minute cooldown per target after use and you take double damage that the target takes while it's being controlled.
- Healing spider - Injects healing chemicals in the host. Can be used on yourself or on others.
- Infection spider - Transforms the human into another carrion without an uplink over 3.5 minutes. While this process is active it weakens the host and there is a chance that a hosts limb can explode.
There are a few ways to detect a carrion, the first, most obvious one, is its affiliation and friendliness with spiders. Just putting it next to a spider and seeing how it would react is a simple way to find a carrion.
There are other ways, as well. Due to their unique biology carrions can be found out with a big medical scanner as their organs are easily visible. If the scanner is unavailable the medbay chemists could produce paragenetic marker to recognize you.
The church has a few ways to recognize you as well. They can use a prayer that can catch on to any carrion organs in the body and expose you. A conversion to NT will destroy your body and leave you vulnerable.