|Difficulty: Medium to Hard |
Superior: Captain, First Officer
Duties: Protect the Captain and FO from harm, assist them in executing their authority.
Guides: Paperwork, NanoTrasen Lore
Quote: "Course laid in, thrusters engaged."
You are the Captain's personal assistant / bodyguard, and serve at their, or the First Officer's, pleasure. Your normal duties include manning the bridge, including the helm console, but the captain or FO may have specific tasks for you to perform. You must also be on guard, there are many people on the ship who might be gunning for your boss, and the bridge is one of the primary areas subversive elements will seek to take when they take the ship. You might be the only body between them and total control of the ship.
Do not embarrass them or harm relations with faction leaders.
But who are you?
Perhaps you are a lifelong friend of someone on the Board, or a trusted associate to whom they gave a position of power.
Perhaps you're a consummate professional who comes highly recommended.
A retired soldier or naval officer.
Perhaps you're the sibling, firstborn, or spouse of someone in power. Nobody can prevent nepotism if they choose
Perhaps you're a foreign diplomat, your position a ceremonial one to ensure a treaty.
Whatever your origin, you are fiercely loyal to the captain.
- Man the bridge and all its consoles, including the helm, to ensure the ship can always carry out its mission
- Protect the Captain and First Officer, with your life, if necessary.
- Act as the captain's surrogate in situations too hazardous to risk the life of ship's leader.
- Assist other departments from the bridge when the Captain has no work for you. You don't answer to the rest of the crew, but a good bridge staff helps the crew when in need.
Your first and only loyalty is to the Captain, and by extension, the First Officer. Unless you're an antagonist and have a good reason for betrayal, you should remain loyal to the death. You are one of the few they can truly trust.
- Do not mistake your access to the bridge as a license to act like a captain, Your role may be listed under command as you serve the Captain directly, but you are not a head of staff, and trying to be is a good way to get yourself fired... out the airlock.