|Difficulty: Medium |
Superior: Preacher, Mekhanite Council
Duties: Maintain the biogenerator for the church, and restore the faithful to their proper vessels.
Guides: Guide to Mekhanism
Quote: Paruit in sempiternum.
One of the two Acolytes to the Preacher on board the NEV "Northern Light". Your task is operate the Bioreactor, Biogenerator and seek resources for the Church to further their influence over the vessel and crew. Acolytes are also given the capacity to learn from the Preacher, being both their assistant as well as soon-to-be Preachers.
As an Acolyte, you have the armor and the equipment to operate the Bioreactor without succumbing to the instant death of the foul smell of the biomass. Operating the Bioreactor and Biogenerator is quite simple, so long you know what you are doing. Along with operating the main equipment, your armor is tough against the critters that dwell in the maintenance tunnels. Information on the Bioreactor and Biogenerator can be found here
You may also be called upon by the Preacher to assist with duties outside of the Bioreactor. Most commonly this will include assisting with rituals or services, rejuvenating a fallen crewmember, whether or not they are a believer, or assisting with Custodial or Agrarian duties if they are overwhelmed or understaffed. If you show promise or initiative, you may even be asked to lead a ritual.
- Agrolytes and Custodians can operate the bioreactor and biogenerators leaving both Acolytes the ability to conduct searches for items in maintenance.
- If you notice a follower acting a bit dangerous or in a way disturbing the Preacher, perhaps you should do the dirty work for the Preacher and punish them yourself
- You can use obelisks to roach-hunt. It can even insta-kill fuhrers
- Fuhrerole's adverse effects can be negated with Cahors (to deal with toxins) and a little determination (wait out the addiction)
- A Toughness blessing or Group Prayer will make you more resistant to pain, Robustness increases health & chance to hit
- Reveal Adversaries is capable of telling you if there are any wire splices nearby as well as roaches. While the latter is expected in maintenance, knowing about the former is helpful to prevent accidental shocks
Reading Material/Related Links