[Accepted][Valanthe500] Pantherpusher Powergaming/lip

thespookiestskeleton

[Accepted][Valanthe500] Pantherpusher Powergaming/lip

Post by thespookiestskeleton »

Byond account and character name: PantherPusher/ Matthias Qubassi
Discord ID (if applicable): ASkeleton#6116
Banning admin: Valanthe500
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server
Ban reason given: Was given a warning about powergaming and metagaming, escalated it by lipping off to Twin.
Ban length: 4320 minutes
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2021-02-04 02:38:39 (CST) ((best timezone))
Your side of the story: I was powergaming the location of stashes because I had never been punished for it before, I got caught and thought that the only reason I was in trouble was because the responding admin had a bias against me. I was rude and as such got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have come to terms with the reality that I am not being biased against and have apologized to Twin and Valanthe.

Valanthe500

Re: [Valanthe500] Pantherpusher Powergaming/lip

Post by Valanthe500 »

Hi Matthias,

I appreciate your apology, and taking the time to write an appeal, however, I have some concerns.
Your side of the story: I was powergaming the location of stashes because I had never been punished for it before,
This sentence bothers me. As it seems to me like you knew what you were doing was wrong, but did it anyway, purely because an admin had never explicitly told you not to. You have a habit of doing this, of pushing the limit to see how far you can go before someone stops you, and based on your notes, you don't seem to show much remorse or desire to change this behaviour.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have come to terms with the reality that I am not being biased against and have apologized to Twin and Valanthe.
As I said above, I appreciate that you apologized, but I have a motto: "An apology without action is just an insult in a pretty wrapper." As it stands right now, I'm not inclined to lift this ban, as this is recurring behaviour for you. You push the limits of acceptability, get surprised when someone steps in to stop you, and lash out. Then you apologize, everyone calms down, and we start the cycle again. This ban is meant to be a wake-up call for you, if I'm going to remove it, I need a definitive promise from you, that you are going to change your behaviour, because the next one will not be temporary.

In conclusion, I need to know, what definitive action are you going to take to change your behaviour?
BYond Ckey: Valanthe500
Discord ID: Valanthe#8697
Wiki | Rules | Discord

"An apology without action is just an insult in pretty wrapping paper."

thespookiestskeleton

This sentence bothers me. As it seems to me like you knew what you were doing was wrong, but did it anyway, purely because an admin had never explicitly told you not to. You have a habit of doing this, of pushing the limit to see how far you can go before someone stops you, and based on your notes, you don't seem to show much remorse or desire to change this behaviour.
I don't have any remorse about it, I was doing it for so long that I was under the impression that it was fine to do, I only say that I was powergaming because I was told that that was what I was doing. I'm not gonna keep doing it now that I know that it is a problem.
As I said above, I appreciate that you apologized, but I have a motto: "An apology without action is just an insult in a pretty wrapper." As it stands right now, I'm not inclined to lift this ban, as this is recurring behaviour for you. You push the limits of acceptability, get surprised when someone steps in to stop you, and lash out. Then you apologize, everyone calms down, and we start the cycle again. This ban is meant to be a wake-up call for you, if I'm going to remove it, I need a definitive promise from you, that you are going to change your behaviour, because the next one will not be temporary.
I am going to change my behavior, but I can't remember lashing out at anyone besides Twin, which while rude; was as a result of me adamantly believing that they held personal bias against me. I have since had time to think and the delirium needed for me to avoid getting stuck in an OCD loop and realize that it was pure chance that I was spotted, and that they were just doing their job.

I am very sorry for how I behaved, getting banned from the server made me feel really really really shitty. I took stupid actions as a result and am going to have to live with them until they heal. I am usually a pretty well behaved player (At least I think I am, last thing I got in trouble for was the singulo accident and aranya took that bullet.) but I slip up from time to time. I need to better handle being in trouble and not lash out against people trying to hold me accountable.

thespookiestskeleton

I will not do it again, and that I promise.

Valanthe500

Post by Valanthe500 »

Saying that you feel no remorse really makes me question how sorry you are, I'm going to be honest.

However, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to lift the ban, under the understanding that you are going to change your behaviour. However this appeal comes with a strict condition, you're on very thin ice, if you do not change your behaviour, the next ban will not be a mere three days.

Ban appeal approved.
BYond Ckey: Valanthe500
Discord ID: Valanthe#8697
Wiki | Rules | Discord

"An apology without action is just an insult in pretty wrapping paper."

thespookiestskeleton

I feel no remorse for my actions of grabbing stashes, as I was unaware that it was something I shouldn't have been doing, I am however remorseful of how I acted when I was told that what I was doing was bad. I'm embarrassed to say it but I was feeling so shitty about it that my left forearm now looks like a birch tree. I'm not comfortable sharing it here but if you would like proof I can DM you it on discord.