Bypassing of the age limit [ACCEPTED]

Post by Comrade Johnny »

Byond account and character name: J.Ferrix
Discord ID (if applicable): Comrade Johnny#1897
Banning admin: drexample
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord, Server
Ban reason given: Underage
Ban length:
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2021-10-09 23:44 CEST
Your side of the story: I was on the server for quite a while now, but because I didnt understand how to play it I dropped it for a very long time. Didnt partook in dc or the game itself until recently when I started to learn the game and found it very enjoyable. On the day of the ban I had a major discussion with my parents, who I still live with, forcing me to leave the game for about an hour. I rejoined, excused myself and dropped something about my upcoming birthday and that this wouldnt be an issue then anymore. Well, the rest was just me getting banned and waiting for my 18th, which was two days ago. Frankly I didnt exactly think about anything when I joined the server knowing I wasnt old enough but I just thought it was like any other game that just put a 18+ restriction to pull itself out of reliability and I was like 16 or so, so I generally didnt think about much other than how I dont fail school. Looking back it was not such a good idea and I understand now why its there, though I never got exposed to reasons why this limit existed. So, I'm sorry for breaking the rule and I hope I am allowed to come back.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am 18 now, I can provide a photo of my ID card in a DM and it's hopefully understandable why I won't post it online. I didnt break any other rules so I hope I may be granted another chance. I also want to apologize for my crappy first appeal which did not achieve the desired effect due to sounding immature and mostly agressive. Sorry for giving anyone eye-cancer reading the earlier version. As they say the first attempt is usually not the best one. As said earlier im sorry, I didnt think about the possible consequences of my actions when I joined the server and eventually forgot that I broke a rule and well, sorry about that. Wont happen again.

Valanthe500

Re: Bypassing of the age limit

Post by Valanthe500 »

Hi there, thanks for posting an appeal.

I'll be happy to lift your ban, I just need to verify your ID.

In order to verify your age, I'd like you to DM me here on the forums with the following information:

A single photo with all of the following things visible:
  • A valid government-issued picture ID with date of birth visible
  • Your face
  • Your hand-written Byond Ckey or Discord tag (on a piece of paper or otherwise)
You are encouraged to black out all identifying information not required, including your eyes, bridge of your nose, and any fields on your ID that are not your face and date of birth (which are required for verification).
  • Use full colour fill (full opacity / zero transparency) in an image editing program to do this. Do not use blur, mosaic, or other forms of obfuscation as they do not fully destroy the data.

Once I've confirmed the photo, I'll delete your DM, or ask you to if I am unable to.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know either here or in a DM and I'll answer as soon as I am able.
BYond Ckey: Valanthe500
Discord ID: Valanthe#8697
Wiki | Rules | Discord

"An apology without action is just an insult in pretty wrapping paper."

Comrade Johnny

Post by Comrade Johnny »

Unfortunately I am not allowed to compose direct messages via the forum, as I registered about two or three days ago. I would ask for a DM in discord or email, should this work better. Sorry but I didnt realize forums existed for a long time.

Valanthe500

Post by Valanthe500 »

All good, I forgot about that limitation myself. I've accepted your friend request on Discord,
Wiki | Rules | Discord

Valanthe500

Post by Valanthe500 »

Age verification confirmed, appeal approved.
Wiki | Rules | Discord