[twinbladeapock] Frontline03 - Shit-tiding [ACCEPTED]

Frontline238

[twinbladeapock] Frontline03 - Shit-tiding [ACCEPTED]

Post by Frontline238 »

Byond account and character name: Frontline03, Primus Nero
Discord ID (if applicable):The Frontline#0671
Banning admin: twinbladeapock
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord banned, server banned
Ban reason given: "Yet again you have chosen to engage in Low RP, this time as an antag, we have given you ample chance to change your ways, enough is enough. You may appeal this ban in our forums otherwise have a nice life". https://gyazo.com/06218cfc832643c79f8d887b053030e0
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 28/04/2021 20:46:26
Your side of the story: Every time someone would engage me, I would fight back, I would never lie down and surrender, I thought back with absolute force until they were dead. I did this because I was paranoid, I was paranoid that they would get back up and continue to fight me, I was paranoid that if I was caught, I would be shown as a weak player who everyone can throw around like a chew toy. This would snowball and would end up with half of security dead and a lot of angry players. I never changed from this because I believed myself to be in the right. "I'm defending myself, if I do nothing, I will die, I must stop them, stop them before they do something worse to me". This continued until my main character, Isaac Riker, was permanently killed. Even then I still didn't understand what the problem was, any attempt an admin took to explain it to me, I would argue back until I just went straight to Nestor and asked him. I switched to other characters such as "I.S.O.T.E.O.N.", "Pulsar Plasmafish" and "Primus Nero". But I played the server far less than I used to, finding not much joy in playing these three characters and would only really properly have incentive to do stuff if I was able to join as B.L.Y.A.T., my Serbian, Who was just a Russian Isaac Riker. I don't remember getting in to any ahelps as Pulsar Or Primus Nero but I.S.O.T.E.O.N. did, and resulted in a two week ban for me. At this point I should've realised what the problem was with how I acted in character, but I didn't. And only 3 weeks after I was unbanned, I was permanently banned from the server.

I also had a problem with RP. I would spend 2 hours of the shift hunting maintenance for gear, barely talking to anyone over comms, when I was finished, I would sit in bar for an hour, barely speaking to anyone besides "Yes, no, I don't really care" lines which inhibit RP. This is because when I talk to people, I do it for a reason, I don't idly talk with someone about anything for no reason, there is a specific reason for why I am doing it, maybe it's because I need to see their opinion on a certain subject, or how they react to this.

the Direct reason I got banned permanently was because I, went on the server, became a borer, realised I could invade the brains of Roaches. and set off to become the "King headslug" by brain-invading a Fuhrer Roach. The problem was that I had two players on the server who I could not understand as a borer since a Borer learns languages through the host creature. if the players saw me, they would likely kill me so I had to find a way of getting them to not kill me outright, I did this through erratic movement and pointing, This showed I was sentient. However I could not communicate with them in any direct way meaning I could not tell them of my plan, So I invaded one of their brains. I did it and learned gal com, I told them of my plan but they wanted me to get out of their brain, I didn't listen and I started taking direct control so I could communicate directly to the other person about my plan. By this point, the player I was controlling got sick of it and in looc said they were going to DC. I took that as "Oh, free access to do this" and I go off and started to hunt for the Fuhrer. I'm halfway through the medbay route at the surgery ladders before I am attacked by spiders. I kill them but the host was damaged to the point where poison was going to kill them soon. Instead of going to medical to save them, I continue on until I find a Fuhrer in a room. I put them in a chair and quickly exit the host, who by this point was in crit. and move over to the Fuhrer, who immediately one-shots me. Me, my host are now dead, I'm dead now and this shift had been going a while already, I decide to do a BSJ, I believe there was one other player in the shift, a different player than the one I talked to previously. the BSJ goes through and during the ten minutes it would take for the shuttle to arrive. I get a pop-up on my screen about becoming a Serbian. I accept that and I am a lone-op, I go on station during the final minutes to the Land dock near where I died as the borer. this was the only dock for the Serbian that I know of that didn't require a voidsuit, I walk past the corpse of my host and the Fuhrer, which I kill. I then go downstairs and shoot open surgery, I walk in to the main hallway and find a player. I say one or two lines about offering them vodka and drag them to the Serbian ship and leave, effectively kidnapping them, the shift ends and I get off the server.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I understood my issues after I got banned and I thought about it on another server where I would be less robust. I realised that, it's not that I was killing for what I believed to be self-defence, it was because I was killing people for menial reasons, "Oh I trespassed in to Science to build stuff and ignored the detective who was telling me to leave who then took a gun out to arrest me, I need to stop him, My guns are lethal, I need to shoot him till he can't shoot me back". I understand my issue with RP originates from how I treat talking to people. I genuinely want to improve upon this, I understand the issues I have and I do want to improve upon them, all I'm asking for is another chance to really prove that I can be a good player.

Twin-Blade-Apock

Re: [twinbladeapock] Frontline03 - Shit-tiding

Post by Twin-Blade-Apock »

So, it seems to me that you have in fact identified the problem, while this was slower than I would've liked (namely we do not like banning people) it seems you have managed the thing we hoped the bans would've impressed upon you, this is good! I believe you are sincere, and so i'm prepared to give you another chance, this chance however comes with Caveats:

1. If you wish to return we expect your behaviour in the past to remain there, this means the ice you will be on will be thin.
2. you will be banned from any and all Antags until such a time we are confident that your behaviour has changed for the better.

If you can agree to those two, and follow through with it, I'm happy to welcome you back.

Frontline238

Re: [twinbladeapock] Frontline03 - Shit-tiding

Post by Frontline238 »

That sound perfect to me Apock.