no idea slovakiani?

Where were you banned:
Discord, Server

Type of Ban:
Permanent

Reason for ban:
did not sufficiently answer my questions

Your version of events:
i answered some question and he didint get his version of the question he wanted and banned me instead

Why you think you should be unbanned:
i have no idea why i was banned after the admin sit was over for as vague of a reason as "did not sufficiently answer my questions '

Slovakiani

Re: DavidBlanc5 Permanet server/discord banned by slovakiani

Post by Slovakiani »

Hey there, David. I'm one of the Eclipse Game Admins, and I need to have a chat with you about the behavior you've displayed over the past week or so. I understand that Nestor has already spoken to you about the incident regarding the racial slur, but there's been more coming to light as I and other members of the community have paid more attention to you. I believe that's only part of the underlying issue here.

I understand that SS13 can be a particularly frustrating game on occasion. Multiplayer games tend to be a source of competitive spite and aggression, even I'm not immune to that. What matters is how we handle ourselves when that aggression rears its ugly head. Being spiteful and hateful in looc is not the right answer. Calling people "fucking niggers" and "fucking retarded" is downright rude and disrespectful. Not to mention perceived rudeness in your general looc chat even outside of death. I don't want this anger issue to be the end of you here, but at present course that is what it is going to become.
It's not only the anger issue that has us concerned, it's the metaknowledge issue as well; from all reports, last night's incident had you trapesing about the station stealing all manner of things that, as a non-antagonist Guild Merchant you probably shouldn't have gotten without real IC motivation. Like atmospherics voidsuits for instance, or.. breaking into chemistry to, presumably, make brain-damage repair drugs. As a Merchant, I can't fathom a reason why you would know how to make brain damage drugs--especially if you were brain damaged. There are ways that could have been handled better in hindsight; there was an active AI, there was a CSO, they could have worked together to help you and sparked RP between the three of you in the process for instance.

Our issues with you currently are your penchant for powergaming/meta, your general impoliteness and your tendency to rage when something goes wrong with your shift. How can we help you work this out?

Hi there! Now that I have your undivided attention, perhaps you'd like to take the time to properly address our concerns with you regarding your behavior? Specifically in this case:
  • The penchant for Powergaming and Metagaming. Such as, as the guild merchant how you know how to quickly whip up brain damage drugs and other things in chemistry.
  • Your general impoliteness in conversations. The way you talk to people matters, you don't have to come off as rude or condescending, and several players have pointed out that you have. Such as the incident with the weapon mods, a player was giving you a quick tutorial, and you ended up calling them out for, "shitty examples". Kind of rude, since they were taking the time to help you.
  • Your propensity to rage at seemingly the slightest misfortune, especially if your character perishes or is otherwise inconvenienced. Several players have come forth to say that you've got a short fuse when everything isn't going your way. Such as explosively insulting the people that lead to your demise in LOOC and OOC like the aforementioned incident with the racist remarks.
At the moment, this is what's keeping me from unbanning you. Right now, I don't think you're good for our small community, can you prove to me otherwise here?

DavidBlanc5#1473

Post by DavidBlanc5#1473 »

The penchant for Powergaming and Metagaming. Such as, as the guild merchant how you know how to quickly whip up brain damage drugs and other things in chemistry.
it is metagaming not powergaming as i was not going in there to make combat stims or some speed drugs
Your general impoliteness in conversations. The way you talk to people matters, you don't have to come off as rude or condescending, and several players have pointed out that you have. Such as the incident with the weapon mods, a player was giving you a quick tutorial, and you ended up calling them out for, "shitty examples". Kind of rude, since they were taking the time to help you.
i have no idea what you are referring in terms of the weapon mods, and i dont know how i was not rude but also rude when talking to people.
Your propensity to rage at seemingly the slightest misfortune, especially if your character perishes or is otherwise inconvenienced. Several players have come forth to say that you've got a short fuse when everything isn't going your way. Such as explosively insulting the people that lead to your demise in LOOC and OOC like the aforementioned incident with the racist remarks.
i can just stop using looc or ooc

Slovakiani

Post by Slovakiani »

The example was metagaming, but you have powergamed in the past, I've had enough people complain about it. Either way, that isn't appropriate. There were ways in that situation where you could have gotten what you needed without resorting to metagame; there was an AI, there was a CSO, both of them might have been able to help you if you'd phrased your request better.

You misinterpreted my statement. As for whether you remember it or not, it did happen, and they're not the only player to have noticed.

Stopping the use of Looc and OOC is a remedy, not a cure, and even then I'm not sure I'd trust you to be beholden to your word. What I'm looking for is a reason to unban you. Why do you think you should come back? What are you going to do to change your behavior towards other people? How're you going to take the steps necessary to implement that change? This isn't a problem that's going to go away just by repressing it. How do we work with you to solve these issues?

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

No reply recieved in more than 5 days.
Appeal denied.