Guide To Technomancy ErisEn
Warning: Items marked with a check are verified to work.
Second Warning: Troubleshooting Procedures still being worked on.
The Technomancers and their Exultant were hired by the Captain to maintain the equipment and engine of the CEV "Eris." They were given the engineering section of the ship as their home for the journey. As per the agreement, the Technomancers will keep the ship's hull integrity and power at maximum capacity while repairing any hull breaches with no payment given aside from their salary. However, Technomancers may charge for cosmetic repairs or new additions to the vessel. For more information on the Technomancers, please see The Technomancer League
If you are looking how to set up the engine see this Guide to the Engine
All Technomancers and their Exultant must know how to build and repair the ship. This section will give you the knowledge of construction, deconstruction, and repair for anyone even the lowly vagabond to learn the basics of Technomancy.
To open the crafting menu, click on the materials in your hands (Steel, Plasteel, etc) and you will be given a new window with information on what resources you will need to construct what item, be they Girders or airlocks.
This section is for explanation of the devices located in the engine room. These are the shield generator, emergency shield projector, and emitters.
- Emitter: Mostly used to heat up the Supermatter in the engine for the creation of energy. If it is set in place, you can use a wrench to unwrench it to move it around and rotate it. To set it in place, you must wrench it to the ground and then weld it.
- Shield Generator: Not to be confused with the Shield that protects the ship, these are portable generators that can be activated to put up a shield wall that will prevent projectiles and people from passing through it.
- Emergency Shield Projector: This device will project shields on the exterior of a hull breach to allow technomancers to repair hull damage without risk of venting atmosphere when the shield is either not powered on, or does not have atmospheric containment enabled.
- Radiation Collection Array: Used to collect energy from radiation Currently has no use
Wall Mounted Devices
|Lattice||1x Rod||Welding tool|
|Floor||1xany floor tile||Crowbar|
2x Steel and any 2x stacked material.
|Reinforced Wall||2xSteel, 4xPlasteel
|Full Glass Window||6x/|
|Reinforced Glass Pane||1x/|
|Reinforced Full Window||6x/|
|Airlocks & Doors|
|Emergency Shutter||4x File:Aircircuit.png|
|Window Door||5x 4x|
PUT TEXT HERE
As with many things, they break and it is always best to have an idea on how to repair them. This section will go over some basic trouble shooting methods for specific things that technomancers may experience through their shift.
- Thrusters malfunctioning
- If you are not receiving fuel or if your ship is not burning, check the valves to each thruster and make sure they're open
- Make sure you are sending plasma into the thrusters
- Engine malfunctioning or deliminating
- Check for loose cooling pipes or damaged ones.
- If you are running a plasma loop, make sure the emitter is on and no other gas but plasma is in the SM chamber.
- Space the SM core. (Note: Turn off the shields before spacing the SM core, or you will end up blowing up the entire engine area of the ship.)
- Broken airlocks
- Use a crowbar on the damaged airlock to remove the broken electronics, then proceed to replace the electronics with new ones.
- Hull Breaches
- Contain the breach before you begin work, use inflatables to create a small wall and door for you to access freely or use the shield projectors. Otherwise you may risk making the breach affect multiple areas of the ship.
- Gravity Generator Damaged
- Use a welder on the gravity generator to repair it.
- Shield Generator Damaged or Destroyed
- You are currently out of luck!
- Repairing APC
- If an APC appears to be malfunctioning, you can replace the electronics or disassemble the APC and reassemble to repair the issues if the electronics are still intact.
This section of the wiki is simply for those contributing to their discoveries, be they setting up the singularity generator or building a mining outpost on the asteroid. They are player created guides and not official, so experimenting with these are at your own risk. But what is a technomancer without risk?